m

Monday, April 2, 2012

Teething: It has begun.

Miss O has begun the arduous journey of teething. Dragging her doting, sleep-deprived parents with her. Don't get me wrong - I adore being a mom. Of all hats I've ever worn, being O's momma has got to be one of the best. But, I'd be lying if I didn't wish for just a teeny second this weekend that I was just her babysitter and her REAL mom was going to come pick her up.

In an attempt to alleviate her pain (and ours...LOL), we purchased the two apparent "must-have's" of teething.

#1: Sofie the Giraffe


I had seen this little giraffe in a bunch of stores when I was pregnant, but it didn't look all that interesting. Just another toy. Apparently not. Whether it's the soft rubber, squeeky sound, or overall look, O is in love. She's been chewing on it since she got her hands on it. We aren't complaining.

#2: RazBaby Teether



My good friend has a little girl who used these when she was teething, and it seemed to help her quite a bit. We've been keeping ours in the freezer so that it's cool on O's gums. She's not as crazy about it as her Sofie, but I'm happy with this purchase as well.

Both were found at my favorite baby store, Kid's Plus Superstore. I could spend a lot of money there, fast. So I bring my husband with me whenever I'm there, haha.  We both enjoyed walking Liv around, showing her all the fun things she'd be able to play with when she gets a little older, and dreaming about future babies. Mr. D found a stuffed rhino (from Jellycat - one of my favorite stuffed toy companies) that O loved and kissed on until Dad caved into buying it for her - what a sucker. She's sure got him wrapped around her finger!

Here are a few pictures from our shopping trip to Kid's Plus:




It's unbelievable that O is almost five months old - and teething! Where has the time gone?

What are some remedies you've heard of or used?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts