m

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday



Confession: I love the look of clothes but hate wearing them. It's so awful, but I would be happy to walk around in next to nothing all day if I could. When I became a stay-at-home mom, I have to say that I spent many a unshowered, undressed days around our apartment. My thought process what, "Why not? O doesn't care. Mr. D likes the undressed part. Plus it's saving laundry."

Then I started re-listening to Pastor Mark Driscoll's sermon series, "The Peasant Princess."  Mr. D and I love Pastor Mark and his bluntness in speak the truth of God's word. I highly recommend the series which is free to watch and listen to on Mars Hill Church website, but that's another post for another day.

In this series, Pastor Mark addresses the need for a wife and her home to be a sort of get-away for her husband. A good husband (like Mr. D) works hard during the day, deals with the stresses of work and comes home to a family he is commanded by God to lead righteously. As a wife, we should desire to make this home and ourselves a 'garden' where he can be vulnerable, have fun, be encouraged, and relax. To make a long story short, I began to feel convicted. I wasn't doing that for Mr. D. He may not have cared that I looked like a hobo with baby spit up as hair gel, but I needed to. Now how to motivate myself?

One of my favorite blogs is Home With The Boys by my friend from church, Erin. It was from her blog that I was first introduced to 'What I Wore Wednesday' or WIWW. It originated at The Pleated Poppy, with a girl named Lindsey.  WIWW is a challenge to take a picture of yourself for each day of the week as a way to hold yourself accountable to getting up and getting dressed - an act of loving yourself and (for me) making our home a place where my family knows I won't run around like an Amazonian woman in a loincloth.

So, I've decided to do it. I haven't mastered the 'take a picture of myself' skills yet, and I am not the fashionista that Lindsey or Erin are, but I'm loving it. Last Wednesday, and Thursday are missing, but don't worry - I wore clothes.

Without further ado, Madison's What I Wore:

Friday | Around the house & errands
Tank (Kohl's), Capris (Kohl's), Scarf (Target)
Baby O's jumper (Von Maur), Headband (Aunt Michelle)

Saturday | Church
Dress tank ("borrowed" from sister - thanks Beckie!), 
Capr's (Kohl's), Shoes (Encore Shoe Department)
Baby O's Dress & Pantaloons (Walmart - St. Patty's gift from Grandma & Grandpa Max)

Sunday | Shopping & consoling a teething O
Dress tank (Von Maur), Shorts (Target), Flip Flops (Old Navy)
Baby O's outfit (from Aunt Michelle "for April Fool's Day")

Monday | Mom's group & house cleaning
Tank (Target), Jeans (NY&C), Sandals (Shopko)
*don't mind Baby O...she's just lying naked and neglected on the floor LOL

 Tuesday | Around the house
Top & Belt (Von Maur), Capris (Thrifted), Flip Flops (Old Navy)

Wednesday | Errands, Appointments & Garden planning/dinner with friends
T-shirt (Vanity), Scarf (gift from Mom-in-law), Jeans (NY&C)
Bracelet & Earrings (Target), Shoes (Encore Shoe Dept.)

There you have it! Hope you enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. If you decide to be that Amazon in a loincloth, I'll come Amazon-it-up. Just kidding... kind of... proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts